Tuesday, March 24, 2009

disability is for suckas!

I have recently sustained a back injury that has left me immobile on the right side. A recent visit to my chiropractor has revealed that I have a series of pulled muscles due to an out of whack spine ( not her words but you get the jist!). I am currently sporting a very large X taped across my back to support the recent adjustments and try to keep them in place. I would really like to have my mobility back!

I recently took a look at a place that is in the works for us renting as soon as the legal business can be sorted ( the mother passed away and the son had to have title switched over to him). When I walked in the door I was not expecting to see all her possessions and I almost burst into tears right then and there in front of her son. She was such a sweet woman with a good sense of humour and I miss seeing her and having little chats. Her son told us she would be happy to have us in the home and that she REALLY appreciated all we did for her. I really think she was the one who did more for us being so welcoming and familiar. I am sad and will be sad not to see her every day in the summer on her front porch.

Not a whole lot of baking has been done and Billy has been on a raw food diet for the past week so not a whole lot of cooking going on. He diets more than any woman I have ever met!

I still have to post about the states visit. The bad; people really believe it is ok to eat as if you are eating for 3 whole people for every meal. They do not recycle at all in Buffalo and surrounding areas. They have no concept of being eco-friendly or conservation. Plastic bags are practically pushed on you and double bagging a package of toilet paper is sinful. They waste A LOT!

The good; Target's sales, DSW and IHOP's pancakes! oh so bad for you but so tasty! Cracker Barrel...that is all I will say!

I want to post some song lyrics that always remind me of my roadtripping days with Lisa

Self Help
Breathe in good, breathe out bad,
Remind yourself of the things you have, it's easy.
Pull a smile onto your face,
Understand that making friends is easy.

So tell yourself it will be ok,
Remind yourself that you're not just in it for the money.
The end, the end, the end, the end,
My friend, where's the end?
You're up, you're down,
You're in the ground in the end, my friend,
Where's the end?

I've found myself, deep down in the dirt,
Got to get myself to my feet yeah.
I tell myself it will be ok,
Remind myself that I'm not just in it for the money.
The end, the end, the end, the end
My friend, where's the end?


Blue Hour

Oh let the sun be done,
Let the air wash the city clean.
Oh let the blue hour come,
For everyone,
For everyone the sun,
We all need some.

Pace of this place slow down,
Suits throw your phones to the ground.
With the blue in your lungs begun,
For everyone,
For everyone the sun.
We all need some.

Time to go fishing,
Reels screaming.
For all weary souls,
The endless song.
For everyone,
For everyone this song.
We all need one.

1 comment: