Thursday, October 22, 2009

I never meant to cause you trouble and I never meant to do you wrong

I have a very dear friend who is being put thought the wringer emotionally and physically in her life and I really hope she can make it out of this stronger, wiser and better equipped to deal with life head on and with conviction. I do not envy her current struggles but I can give my ear to listen and my arms for a hug. It would seem life never gives you more than you can handle and with this in mind it helps you understand just what lesson life is trying to teach you.

I seem to be an expert on life lessons having learned a great many over my 37 years on this planet. I seem to be the one who learns the hard way, always taking the long and winding road rather than the direct and sensible route. What can I say, I like to drag things out. The one lesson I have emblazoned in my mind is that nothing is predictable, nothing is set in stone and thinking you have control is absolutely ridiculous because you don't. Sometimes I have to just let go and fly without a parachute, sometimes I just have to relinquish the reins and let life drive. Please life, drive me towards a home in the country....

No comments:

Post a Comment