Tuesday, October 20, 2009

of homes, family and living s simple life.

Today we steamed the house with cinnamon and clove essential oils on the mop head and it smells like heaven in here, I usually use lemon but I opted for a warmer scent today. Billy cut back the grape vines and tidied up the back a bit and cleaned up the bags of garden waste to be put out so all our green waste is all gone. This is a sign...although we have had a break in the chilly weather with an almost summer temperature, ok a spring temperature. Today was market day, next week is the last market of the season which makes me sad. No buying straight from the farms for a while and no seeing the same faces every week. I noticed that the cheese lady was not there today which is too bad because the fresh cheese curds were always a nice treat.

Rowan began a career in film this week. He was chosen to play drums on pots and pans for a documentary on drummers featuring Corky Laing ( Mountain), Levon Helm(The Band), Jason Bonham (John Bonham's son) and many more. Our boy is going to be in the intro bashing away on the pots and pans! He was so great and we will get a copy of the footage.

I always seem to fall back on the same thoughts about blossoming, renewing and evolving your thoughts and the world around you and stagnating in the patterns you currently have in your life. I know for certain I have changed which is why I find it hard to communicate with the same people I once did when I was in a more fragile or negative state. To watch them repeatedly make the same judgement calls and then wonder why life is not so good to them is hard for me to sit and watch. I cannot say or do anything to help improve their lives because it is not my life to mess with, I can offer advice but i know it is either falling on deaf ears or simply a wasted breathe. Life is not always good for everyone, we all go through our troubled times but the lessons we learn from our difficulties is what helps make us stronger and more capable of facing future issues. Life is not always rosy in the Miles household but we are a team and have to stick together to make it through. I am very greatful that my co-captain is such a good team mate.

No comments:

Post a Comment